Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer '09

This summer has been very busy for our family.
Jarom enjoyed soccer camp both in May and in August.
In June, we went to Moab. We hiked to Delicate Arch, went swimming in the pool at the camp ground, had car troubles, and listened to a rain storm in the tent.
In July, James and I had the opportunity to go to Youth Camp in Durango, CO. This was our second year going with our church group. This year was a little different because James and I were in charge of everything. We had a lot of fun with the youth.
At the end of July James and I took another trip together to the Tetons and Jackson Hole. Hiking in the rain can be very adventurous. You can see pictures and video from that trip on Facebook.
August 8th we went to Lagoon. Kayla and Jarom loved the rides. We used our bounce back tickets last weekend. Kayla can't wait 'till she is 46 inches tall. Tall enough to ride all the rides. Her favorite one was the Dragon, and Jarom's favorite was Wicked. I liked that one too.
Then of course was the Evan's family reunion the next day. Sorry Ronda, I didn't take my camera. So no pictures from me!
Kayla had level 1 swimming lessons this year at Surf and Swim. She learned how to bob under water, back glide, back float, tread water, front glide, and many other things. She is developing a lot of confidence. She is still terrible in the bath tub though. I guess it's just not the same.
The weekend after the family reunion, we went camping to Smith and Morehouse Camp ground near Oakley, UT. That was my first time camping in Weber canyon. It was beautiful there, and very cold at night. After camping for two nights, and more car troubles, we decided to skip floating on the reservoir and head straight home. The next day we drove back up Weber Canyon to spend the day at different Reservoir we saw on the way home near Eden. We had fun playing in the sand and in the water all afternoon.
Last weekend we drove to Evenstan, WY to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday at Diamond X Ranch. We stayed there 3 nights. We had a really nice time getting to know my in-laws. And spending time with my parents and brothers.
Yesterday was back to school and James and I are getting out of bed early again. Not much fun for us. Jarom loved the first day of school. He rode his bike. Thanks Grandma for helping him learn how to ride it! She taught him how to tie his shoes too!! We Love you! The kids always learn something new when they go and visit Grandma while James and I are on vacation together. Grandma is Grrrreat!
We love you all,
Thank You for helping us make Summer '09 a memorable one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment