Monday, April 5, 2010

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter. The weather here didn't seem like Easter, it felt more like Christmas. Ron and I enjoyed listening to General Conference. The messages were great and we are so blessed to have the restored gospel upon the earth with a prophet that is leading and guiding this great church. I am going to try to be a better person and apply the messages from conference in my life.


John said in his letter this week: "I also hope that everyone took the opportunity to listen to the words of the prophet. It isn´t too often that we have that opportunity, and what an opportunity it is! The spirit testifies to me every time that I tell people that we have a living prophet that speaks with God. How wonderful a blessing that is!"


Brinley will celebrate her 1st birthday on Wednesday. I can't believe she is going to be a year old. I am grateful for all of my grandchildren and the blessing they are in my life. I love each one !!


I tried a new recipe this past week and I thought I would share it with you.


Hash Brown Potato Pie (serves 6)

5 large eggs or 1 ¼ cups egg substitute
½ cup milk
3 cups Ore-Ida Country Style Hash Browns, thawed
1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced (or equivalent onion flakes)
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. hot pepper sauce (can leave out) (I didn’t use it)
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
8-10 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled or 1/2 cup real bacon bits

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together eggs, and milk in a medium
bowl; stir in hash browns, onions, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
2. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and half of the bacon. Pour into a greased
9 inch pie plate or quiche dish.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
4. Sprinkle remaining bacon and ½ cup cheese over top of pie; continue
Baking 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!!

I served this with blueberry muffins and banana slices.

1 comments:

ronda&doug said...

loved the recipe mom! tried it out the other day and doug and i both liked it a lot!
thanks!

Post a Comment